Friday, January 20, 2012

Good News for International Grad

We produced 5 transcripts for a 2011 graduate from Canada, had them notarized and then sent them for apostilles from the state capital. (An apostille verifies the authenticity of the document for international purposes.) They were submitted for the destination countries of Croatia, U.K, New Zealand, Germany, and Spain. I learned that the transcripts were accepted by the universities they were submitted to. Here's what Ester reports:

"Good news. I managed to gain admittance into the University program I had been planning on! I have to say, the apostille came in handy for getting accepted into a UK university and I am very pleased with the ease with which I was accepted. They found my work examples and grades to be satisfactory and after 2 weeks I was admitted into the program. 

"I just wanted to once again thank you for making it possible for a homeschooler/unschooler such as me to have the same opportunities for further education as those with public education credentials. You have never failed me and were always there when I needed help or when some of my worries or concerns needed comforting. At first I thought it was too good to be true, but all that you promised became a reality in the end. Through this method I was able to get the credentials needed and still not risk losing interest in or becoming frustrated with schoolwork. Your school is not the alternative, it is the model upon which all schooling should be based. Too bad there are no Unschooling Universities around, though."

From both my parents and I: Thanks Peggy.
Sincerely, Ester

1 comment: